Monday, October 10, 2011

Traveling Again

About three weeks ago, I made one of the most important 'discoveries' of my life, which completely changed my outlook on so many things.  Suddenly, I knew that the first leg of my journey was over!  It was like the relief one feels when it seems that the road is going to go on forever and ever, then suddenly, a hill is topped and the night's stop glows out of the darkness.

However, while a night's rest is nice, so is moving forward again.

Over the past few weeks, I have had time to sort through my thoughts and readjust my thinking to reality.  It has been a pleasant time, but I am ready to be going again.  I'm tired of waiting!  I want more out of life.  And you know what?  I'll get it too.

This is one of the many things I have realized in the last few weeks.  I get what I go after.  Maybe not right away, and maybe the finished product doesn't look just like the original thought, but I do get what I go after.  I always have.

The problem is, I really haven't gone after anything--in the time I have been married--until this last year.  That's right.  My husband had been the last thing I had really set my sights on, up until this last April, when I sat here wondering if I had what it would take to change my life.*

And God has shown me that I do.  He has shown me that I can trust my intuition and that I don't need permission to be the mom I want to be.  My kiddos may not be the happiest with it, but they will adjust, and so far, they have been happy with most of the changes I have made.

*Please don't take this to mean I hadn't done anything... Because I have done lots of things, but they have all been experiments--just to see if I could.  They never held the weight of something I wanted. 
To put this in traveling terms, they were Sunday drives in country -vs- a trip with passport and suitcase in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment