Monday, October 31, 2011

What Needs To Be

I know what needs to be done, but I don't want to do it.

I need to focus.
Focus on what is most important.
Focus on the things that really matter.
Focus on using my time wisely.

I want to focus on writing, crafting and creating,
But those are not the important things right now.
Those are the me things...
And they don't grow little boys into men.

I keep reminding myself, they will only be little once.
This chance isn't going to come again.
Time.  It can't be saved in a bottle.
And children won't wait for tomorrow.

There are so many things I want to teach them,
And time won't wait.
They learn from what I do.
I've always known this to be true...



“You can't save time. You can only spend it, but you can spend it wisely or foolishly.”
― Benjamin Hoff

1 comment:

  1. 'this is a test: testing, test 1,2,3 test"
    This concludes the test, had this been a real Comment, you would have been directed to sit back and chuckle, perhaps musing (aloud), more to yourself than anyone in earshot, 'those scamps at the Doctrine, where do they get this stuff from"?*
    You may go about your day...

    *now if only they would decide if the punctuation goes inside or outside the quotes

    ReplyDelete