Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Progress...

My kitchen counter is finally getting done!  Seeing as I have been without a kitchen sink for two weeks, this is very exciting.


Why two weeks?  Because I am slow.  I do something, step back, look at it, and decide if it what I want before moving on.  Then, there was one error in my planning.  An error of 3/4", that put my sink off center... until I changed the plans, which meant redesigning one cupboard. 

My friend Heather says I think too much.  She comes up with an idea and does it.  One morning she decided to pain her laundry room.  She pulled out her swatches, found a color she likes and 15 minutes later was on her way to the store.  An hour later she was home and painting.  That afternoon, while the paint dried, she made a stencil of a picket fence and that evening stenciled it.  When she moved out two years later, behind the door still was not painted and the edges still where not trimmed, but she had picket fence with flowers.

Yeah.  The perfectionist in me would have screamed bloody murder over that, had it been my house.  I would have chose my color, bought a sample and lived with it for at least two weeks, to make sure it was what I wanted.  That's why her house was prettier--just don't look behind the door!

So, my sink will be perfectly centered under the window and every inch of my cupboards tailor made for my home, even if it did take me ten days longer than it should have!  In fact, if I go now, I should be able to have Hubby help me set in the sink tonight and hook up all the plumbing... if it doesn't happen tonight, it will be Saturday before he has time.

No comments:

Post a Comment