Thursday, September 15, 2011

Dreaming Again

I have this dream of what homeschooling will be like.

  • I see children gathered around a dining room table, fully engaged in what they are learning.  I see each one working or observing to the fullest of their ability.
  • I hear lots of discussion when there is a hands-on project at hand and silence when their is individual work to be done.
  • I see children striving for excellence in their work, who are proud of what they have accomplished.
I want our days to be full of many activities, so that they get to experience many things.  I want to give them a taste for many things while they are young and help them to expand their horizons... because how do you know if you like something if you have never tried it?

I want most of our school to be hands-on, while not neglecting the necessary subjects.

Most of all, I want a warm, loving environment, where each child knows they are valued for who they are.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While dreaming of what I wanted most to see in our home, I came across this article, which I found very encouraging:  http://www.joshharris.com/2011/09/homeschool_blindspots.php 

Picture from:  http://education.more4kids.info/78/children-and-the-arts/

No comments:

Post a Comment