Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Different Perspective on Ghosts

This post has been inspired by the comments made on Girlie's blog...

A few weeks ago, early on a Sunday morning, my husband and I drove to a small town where he preaches occasionally.  It was foggy for most of the trip, when it wasn't snowing.  If it hadn't been that one of the couples in the church was moving, I don't think we would have gone, but I'm glad we made the trip.

Driving through the fog was slow going, but uneventful, until the last 15 miles or so, when I began to see yellow orbs in the fog.  Small orbs, dancing to and fro.  Masses of them everywhere.

Many orbs can be seen in this photo.
Orbs are most commonly seen by people in photos, and there is much debate as to what they are.  I see orbs on a regular basis, in all different colors and forms, and can often tell who they are.  This day, I could make no sense of them.  They didn't seem to be anyone or anything in particular, so I began muscle testing as to their origin and got an answer I never expected.  They weren't anyone or anything.  They were 'agitated energy'.

Honestly, I had no idea what to make of this answer, but there was no time to contemplate it.  When church was over, we chatted with the couple that would soon be moving, then decided to go to lunch with them, in another town.  By this time, the fog had begun to lift, and as we entered the area where I had last seen orbs a large gray thing moving through the air caught my attention:  windmills.  There were electrical generation windmills everywhere!  Suddenly, 'agitated energy' made sense, and so did many other things I had been told over the years.

Several summers ago we had a real 'ghost' problem in our house.  We were seeing 'doppelgangers' of each other all.the.time.  I remember one day, when my husband was working at home, I needed to ask him a question, so I put my shoes on just as he came in.  I tried to speak to him, but he just gave me a dirty look and headed to out bedroom for a nap.  I figured I would ask him when he got up, and kept an eye out for him.  20-30 minutes later, I heard his voice outside, and wondered how he had managed to slip past me.  I went out, and he was very happy to see me.  I asked him my question and then inquired if he had a good nap.  He looked at me strangely before replying, "I would love to take a nap, but there is no time!"

I nodded, thinking he was awfully whiny, to want two naps in the same day, but when I went back inside, I realized that he hadn't taken a nap at all -- the bed was completely undisturbed.  And the door he had shut behind him when he came in?  It was standing wide open, like I leave it.

The strangest event was seeing myself, one night when I got up to get a drink, came into the kitchen and saw myself at the sink... At the time, the only thing I remember thinking is, "This thing is getting out of hand."

It became a problem that I felt needed to be addressed when the children began accusing me of ignoring them and spending all my time at the computer.  They claimed, "We asked mom, but all she did was give us a dirty look and then go back to using the computer."  Needless to say, this was causing problems in our family, because I couldn't recall doing such, and they were doing all sorts of things they knew they shouldn't.  I finally began asking then "When?!?"  When did I ignore you?  When did you ask?  I really didn't think I was on the computer that much.  It turned out that when they thought I was ignoring them, I was really in the garden, planting, weeding, cultivating, and planning my next online article.

I talked to a friend about this, who I knew would understand.  She said, "I think I know what is going on, but let me talk to my plumbers first.  In the mean time, shut off your computer when it is not in use."  Odd answer... but okay.  I didn't really care who she talked to, as long as I got some answers.

It turned out that her plumbers are also a ghost hunters, with their own TV show.  They confirmed her thoughts, which was because I was thinking about writing, I was projecting myself to the computer, and then energy from the computer allowed 'me' to manifest. She went on to explain that excess electrical energy allowed many things to manifest.

While I have no doubt that ghosts are real, I don't think most things people call ghosts are spirits of the dead.  I remember reading one article on ghost hunting, where the author said, "Many of the ghosts you find don't realize they are dead."  How do you 'know' they are dead?  What's to say that they were ever anything but what they are?

In our master bedroom, it is easy to feel a 'something'.  I never could define what it was, but there was always an uneasy feeling or a feeling of being watched, no matter what I tried.  After talking to my friend about it, she called a friend of hers, who suggested that due to the rooms shape, it might just be random energy, not a spiritual disturbance.  In order to check the theory, she said to sprinkle salt on the carpet, which would act like crystals, defracting and dispersing the energy.  I figured it couldn't hurt, and gave it a try.  Immediately I noticed a difference.  The other day I vacuumed and forgot to re-sprinkle salt.  Within an hour, the littlest ones were running to me, "Mom, there are ghosts in your bedroom!"  No... there aren't.  It's just bad architecture... and nothing a bit of salt can't cure.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Either this is one great short story or...I think I'd be moving!!
    You mentioned bad architecture. Have you looked into Feng Shui? Very fascinating and seems to revolve around "energies". I've done a little research and whenever it is we move I will be ranking the new house for the most auspicious conditions!
    Did the kids get freaked out learning about the dopplegangers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kurt Cobain said, "A friend is nothing but a known enemy."

      Why move, when you know what you've got?

      I have done a LOT of study concerning Feng Shui, and much of my remodeling has been based on it. This house had so many issues, but luckily, there are also practical solutions.
      The one thing I am finding is that it is more important to follow your gut than a set of prescribed rules. The 'rules' say that many of the choices I made initially were perfect, but they didn't address the problems.
      Likewise, doing what really 'feels right' has solved many of the problems. Trust your instinct over a paper guide.

      Last week, the new flooring was installed, and the house has never felt more peaceful. My friend said that sometimes, when what you are dealing with is residual memories, you have to change all the surfaces to get rid of the 'thing'. New paint, new flooring -- we OWN it now.

      As to doppelgangers, we didn't teach the children about them... We treated it like one of the many other issues of the house, and had to apologize to them many times when they got in trouble for something we told their doppelganger to do.

      Delete
  2. Valid concept, the ownership thing. And it sounds, with the amount of re-model you've done that you have certainly replaced much of what was. Although I see the value in Feng Shui, the bottom line is that it takes finding what "feels right" as you say.
    My second year of college I had the room to my self as my roommate moved off campus. I must have held the record for re-arrangement of a college dorm room as I was always looking to keep things fresh. LOL As an adult, it is first about comfort and then about the visual aesthetics.
    Bad enough there are doppelgangers of adults but children? Brr...that really gives me the chills:)

    ReplyDelete